The first picture Mario sees after the round stairway to second floor is the entrance. The water level when Mario starts this stage is determined by how high Mario jump into the picture. For star 5 and star 6, Mario should jump into the top of the picture so to have a high starting water level. Touching any diamond will set water level to the same as the diamond.
Set water level to diamond 4, use the one of the 2 floating boards together to jump onto the orange block. Notice there is a yellow ! box above the brown structure. The star is inside the box. To get there, Mario can move onto those arrow platforms and they will move Mario to the brown structure; or just do yahoo-jump to get there directly.
Go to the top of the city. After walking pass a narrow plank and a few jumps will lead Mario to the yellow ! box at the top of the city with a star in it.
Pass through 5 secret spots
- Step on the ! switch beside the cage with star 4 in it. Jump up the blocks appeared and hit the yellow ! box.
- Jump onto the small tower with an electrocuting orb and coins surrounding it. Hit the yellow ! box.
- Set water level to diamond 2. There is a block in the wall. Push it inside.
- Set water level to diamond 1. At the corner, push a block to the left under a yellow ! box.
- Hi the yellow ! box.
Set water level to diamond 1. Break the block at the bottom of the cage to open up a hole to the inside. Without changing the water level, go to the top of the cage using the ! switch. Then step on the left part of the elevator. It will descends to the bottom and rise to the top again. Mario should fall to the ground before it descend to the bottom, get into the cage, and perform wall-jump to jump onto it when it reaches the bottom. Get the star after Mario ascends with the elevator.
Collect 8 red coins.
Before getting into the stage, make sure Mario jumps into the picture to this stage at its highest, so water level will be highest. Then Mario should be able to climb into the cage at the corner. Swim all the way to the secret city. Touch the diamond below where Mario enters this part to set water level to lowest. 7 out of 8 red coins are inside blocks.
Get into this stage at its highest water level. Swim into the secret city and lower water level as in star 5. Hit the blue ! box and turn into transparent Mario to get the star inside the cage. There are 2 methods:
- 2 are on the wall at the center of the city.
- 1 is just before the church.
- The one at the top of the church is the only one which is not hidden in block.
- Perform wall-jump to get the other 4, which are all at the top of buildings.
- Go straight into the cage after Mario become transparent. Use wall-jump to climb ups and get the star. This way is direct but one needs to be good in doing wall-jump.
- Another way is to hit the ! switch button after Mario become transparent and then run into the cage. The ! switch button creates a block so Mario can jump up easier. One has to be fast in this way.
The blue block is at the bottom of the stage. Change to low water level to pound on it.
||Max number of coins = 152
Under diamond 3, Mario can warp to the cannon.
PREVIOUS MAIN PAGE NEXT